A typical logistics system includes customer service, demand forecasting, distribution, communications, inventory control, material handling, order processing, parts and service support, location analysis, purchasing, packaging, return goods handling, salvage and scrap disposal, traffic and transportation, and warehousing and storage. Jobs in small companies may involve all of these, while positions at large corporations may focus on only one or a few of these areas.
At graduation, Fisher College of Business graduates:
- will posses strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and critically assess problems facing contemporary businesses
- will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of human resources
- will possess a global perspective and can critically evaluate the international context a contemporary business operates in
- can identify and assess ethical issues surrounding business decisions
- are able to work effectively in a team-based environment
- can demonstrate professional deportment and effective oral and written communication skills
The field of logistics is so large that almost any business organization may be viewed as a potential employer of the logistics major. Any company that is involved in the movement of a product is involved with the logistics function. Service firms rely upon many logistics functions as well.
Graduates of the Logistics Management program from The Ohio State University find work in manufacturing, merchandising, transportation, warehousing or consulting firms; material handling equipment manufacturers and dealers; universities; print media (publishers/editors); communications; government/military; software/computer service firms; management/executive recruiting firms; wholesale distributors; telecommunications; and other service firms.
Logistics offers a wide variety of possible careers, including logistics or distribution management, traffic or transportation management, warehouse operations or management, material handling operations, packaging, customer service and order entry, inventory planning or control activities, management information system planning or control, purchasing and materials, production and operations, marketing or sales activities, general management, education (training/teaching), internal consulting and/or corporate research, and finance/accounting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting Principles
- Economics Principles
- Business Skills and Environment
- Business Law
- International Business
- Management Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSupply Chain Management & Logistics View 170 other Masters in Supply Chain Management & Logistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.