The ability of the graduates of the Geography program from The Ohio State University to analyze and to integrate various aspects of Earth’s human and physical environments makes them attractive candidates for positions with planning and development agencies at the federal, state and local levels. Retail chains, financial institutions, insurance companies, real estate and industrial firms employ geographers to collect and analyze data that relate to the firm’s production and distribution of goods and services, or they may employ geographers to identify appropriate locations for new or expanded facilities.
Graduates from the E&S specialization have a variety of career options including working for environmental and protection agencies, state Departments of Natural Resources and Conservation, and for a range of nonprofit agencies working both in the United States and overseas in areas of environmental protection, development and the protection of indigenous ways of life.
There are numerous high-paying jobs, with private companies and governmental agencies, for students with training in computer-based cartography and the use of geographic information systems. This is a major growth area. Students in the CPG specialization have job opportunities in the recently modernized National Weather Service, with private forecasting firms or in television.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The geography program requires that students complete all courses in their major track with a grade of C- or higher, with an average GPA of C.
- All specializations require at least 10 courses. Students in the URGS or E&S specialization earn a Bachelor of Arts, and students in the CPG or SA specialization earn a Bachelor of Science.
- These latter Bachelor of Science tracks require the completion of the calculus series (Mathematics 1151 and 1152), and the CPG specialization should also take additional mathematics, physics, chemistry and computer programming courses.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography View 470 other Masters in Geography in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.