Participation in sports is not a prerequisite; however, participation in sports and other activities requiring varied levels of physical activity would help develop an appropriate perspective for applicants to this major.
The Exercise Science Education program from The Ohio State University prepares individuals for work in hospitals, clinical fitness centers, rehabilitation programs or other programs that require exercise prescription, evaluation, body composition, general fitness testing, and physical activity, exercise or health program delivery.
Graduates may also be prepared for work as certified health education specialists in community agency health programming, corporate health, public health agencies and university wellness centers.
With some additional course work, many exercise science education students find themselves uniquely qualified candidates for graduate programs in physical therapy, occupational therapy, chiropractic, athletic training, dentistry and medicine, and optometry, pharmacy or veterinary medicine school.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In addition to regular classes, students take practicum courses that offer concentrated study in areas such as underwater weighing to determine body fat percentage; assessment of muscular strength and flexibility; and fitness evaluation, prescription and supervision.
- The practicum experiences are intended to develop a high level of theoretical knowledge and practical experiences for those areas. Students also complete a 300-hour internship during their senior year.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Sports Sciences View 874 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.