Electrical engineers find innovative ways to use electricity, electronic materials and electrical phenomena to improve people’s lives. Computer engineers design computer systems, both hardware and software, to create new technology and meet new societal needs.
The field of electrical engineering encompasses a very broad spectrum of technical areas, including computers and digital systems, electronics and integrated circuits, communications, systems and control, electromagnetics and electro-optics, energy conversion and power distribution, robotics, signal processing, solid state electronics, and photonics. This Electrical and Computer Engineering program is offered by The Ohio State University.
The field of computer engineering covers a wide range of topics including computer architecture, operating systems, communications, computer networks, robotics, artificial intelligence, supercomputers, computer-aided design and neural nets.
Students interested in computing careers may pursue either electrical and computer engineering or computer science and engineering. These programs are not interchangeable—students should examine the curricular requirements for each major to determine which one meets their interests.
Electrical and computer engineers create innovative, practical solutions and work with other smart, inspiring people to invent, design and build technologies and products that matter. ECEs design high-profile technologies and products, including medical devices, tablet computers, smart phones, video games, wireless networks, 3D television and high-fidelity audio.
ECE graduates are heavily recruited by employers, including computer, aerospace and automotive companies, telephone and electric utilities, electronics manufacturers, and government agencies. Electrical and computer engineers have also become entrepreneurs, applying their training to new areas of service.
Some employers of electrical and computer engineering graduates include American Electric Power, ArcelorMittal, Capital One, Eaton, FirstEnergy Corp., General Motors, Honda, IBM Corp., Lockheed Martin, NBCUniversal, United Launch Alliance, U.S. Army, Verizon and Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- All engineering students have a similar first-year plan of study, the college core, that provides fundamental courses in math, science and engineering.
- In addition to the college core, engineering students also take select core courses, major courses and general education courses.
- Electrical and computer engineering major courses provide students hands-on experience in photonics, electrical energy conversion, high voltage engineering, integrated circuit fabrication, microcontrollers, microprocessors, signal processing and many more topics.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Computer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 474 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.