Special education is a profession focused on evaluating and meeting the learning needs of exceptional children and adults. At a more practical level, special education is individually planned, systematically implemented and carefully evaluated instruction to help learners with disabilities achieve the greatest possible personal self-sufficiency and success.
The Education - Special Education program from The Ohio State University emphasizes the design, implementation and evaluation of direct instruction to help learners with special needs acquire and use the knowledge and skills necessary to function successfully in school, home, work or community settings.
Special education graduates may seek careers in child and family services and residential and vocation services for adults with disabilities. Students seeking careers as intervention specialists in public schools will find a robust job market immediately after graduating.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Assessment and Instruction for Struggling Readers
- Classroom and Behavior Management for Students with Disabilities
- Classroom Management
- Communication Skills for Children with Moderate/Intensive Disabilities
- Delivering Efficient Services to Enhance Inclusion
- Educational Assessment in Early Childhood Special Education
- Education Intervention for Young Children with Disabilities
- Introduction to Child Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 454 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.