Students in the program choose an area of specialization and learn to develop and implement programming as they prepare to work with groups of young children, youth and/or families in community settings.
Undergraduate students who plan to seek teacher licensure in early childhood education or middle childhood education via the MEd program should first complete the child and youth studies degree then apply to the Master of Education (MEd) program. All admissions at the graduate level are selective. Students should work closely with their academic advisor, as well as the graduate advising office in the School of Teaching and Learning to best prepare for the admissions process for the MEd. The Child and Youth Studies program is offered by The Ohio State University.
Students who complete the child and youth studies pre-licensure program receive a Bachelor of Science in Education. They are eligible for a variety of positions in child care, community based programming, museums, libraries and social service organizations.
Graduates of the program are prepared to pursue graduate programs such as teacher licensure, education administration, school counseling or any programs that involve working with children.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Early childhood development and education
- Language and literacy
- Technology and youth
- Creative pedagogies in education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Early Childhood Education View 708 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.