Animal science is the study of the basic principles of science and their application to the biological, economic and environmental aspects of livestock and poultry production, companion and recreational animals, and the processing of animal products.
Admitted students who indicate Animal Sciences program from The Ohio State University as a major on their applications are directly enrolled into the College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
Students may prepare themselves for a variety of careers in science, business, or even communications and education. Graduates find employment in research laboratories, biotechnical industries, chemical/pharmaceutical companies, genetics and nutrition companies, allied industry associations, government agencies, and in meat science/food processing organizations.
Many students continue their education for a professional or graduate degree. Veterinary medicine and graduate studies in the animal sciences are the two most common pursuits for further education, but students can continue their study in law, human medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, physical therapy, nursing and optometry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Animal Handling
- Introduction to Animal Sciences
- Reproductive Physiology
- Animal Health
- Applied Animal Bioscience Laboratory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences Genetics View 2637 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36430 USD per year during 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33502 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11508 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.