Students in this Agricultural Communication major from The Ohio State University enjoy persuading, writing and designing. Students gain real-world experience as they prepare to enter careers in communications, public relations, marketing or journalism both within and outside agriculture.
Graduates of the agricultural communication program are well prepared for a variety of exciting careers in agriculture, science and business. They pursue careers with agricultural magazines and other publications, advertising and public relations agencies, farm radio and television organizations, agricultural commodity groups, and government agencies.
Graduates' agricultural communication background helps them organize and disseminate scientific and technical information to farm and non-farm audiences, which proves useful for those who work as lobbyists or pursue law school.
Graduates of the agricultural communication program may find work in any of the following positions:
- communications director
- public relations director
- media relations coordinator
- graphic designer
- magazine writer
- news reporter
- sales and advertising associate
- event planner
- television/radio broadcaster
- marketing manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Magazine writing
- Layout and design
- Communication ethics
- Public speaking
- News writing
- Web technologies and new media
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Agribusiness Agriculture View 1059 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.