Students may declare a major in agribusiness and applied economics any time after admission to Ohio State. In addition to an academic advisor, each student enrolled in the major is assigned a faculty advisor to assist with career aspirations and goals.
More than 95 percent of all graduates of the Agribusiness and Applied Economics major from The Ohio State University find employment within six months of graduating. The college operates a career development office to assist students in finding internships and full-time employment.
The agribusiness and applied economics program prepares students for careers in the following areas:
- Corporate/cooperative executive
- Farm manager/operator
- Regional sales manager
- Retail or wholesale manager
- Small business owner
- Financial analyst
- Futures broker
- Loan officer
Marketing and sales
- Commodity merchandiser
- International trade specialist
- Sales representative
Resource economics and management
- Natural resource economist
- Natural resource manager
- County 4-H or extension agent
- Local government
- Public policy analyst
- Political lobbyist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Records and Analysis
- Econometric Applications and Operations Research in Agribusiness
- Principles of Agribusiness Finance
- Principles of Agribusiness Management
- Principles of Agribusiness Marketing
- Economics of Public Policy Analysis
- Strategic Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Agribusiness Agriculture View 149 other Masters in Agribusiness in United States
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.