Upon receipt of the Associate of Applied Science Degree, successful completion of the National Dental Hygiene Board Examination is required. The Dental Hygiene program at the Montana State University - Great Falls College graduate will also need to obtain a license for the state he/she wishes to practice in by successfully completing a regional practical examination (WREB). The dental hygienist must practice in accordance with the requirements of the individual state practice acts and abide by requirements to maintain licensure.
Graduates Are Prepared To:
- Formulate comprehensive dental hygiene care plans that include accurate, consistent and complete documentation for assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation that are dental client centered and based on current scientific evidence based treatment.
- Employ professional judgment and critical thinking to identify, assess, analyze and creatively address situations in a safe and ethical manner.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills through verbal and written communication with all individuals and groups from various populations.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and provide service to the community through health promotion activities and oral health prevention education while respecting their values and beliefs.
- Apply the concepts of oral health prevention and promotion to improve overall wellness by understanding the link between oral and systemic health.
All educational programs offered by the College are approved by the Montana Board of Regents, United States Department of Education, United States Department of Veterans Affairs, and Montana Department of Vocational Rehabilitation Services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory of Infect Control & Dis. Prevention
- Oral Anatomy for Hygienists
- Radiographic Interpretation
- Local Anesthesia
- Dental Nutrition Health
- Dental Materials
- General and Oral Pathology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Dentistry Health Sciences View 932 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants to any program must submit copies of high school transcripts, high school diploma, HiSET, or GED scores to Admissions. These records must be final and include the completion/graduation date. High schools must be accredited by the appropriate state office of public instruction.
- Home school students must furnish the same application materials as other applicants. If their diploma has not been issued by an accredited homeschool academy, then they must submit a diploma or final high school transcript that is signed by the primary (home) instructor and notarized.
- *If a high school transcript, diploma, or equivalency record cannot be produced, proof of high school equivalency may be met if a student has completed an associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degree from a Regionally Accredited institution. Documentation of the previous degree is required AND must be on an official transcript on file with the GFC MSU Registrar’s Office.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.