About the Program
The Political Science program of Rutgers University introduces students to the study of politics by exploring the tools, skills, and theories involved in analyzing power in governmental groups in the United States and other parts of the globe. The major is designed to lead students toward proficiency in experiential learning through internships, study abroad, and independent research.
The Political Science major introduces students to the study of politics by exploring the tools, skills and theories of how power is exercised in government and in groups in the United States, in other societies and across nations. The major also opens the door to:
- Experiential learning through internships and study abroad;
- An accelerated BA/MPA degree
- Individual research in the most active department honors program on campus
- Graduate and professional studies including law, public policy, and public administration;
- Careers in legislative work, elections, lobbying and policy advocacy organizations, national security, and digital politics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Study of Politics
- Law and & Legal Studies
- Government and Free Markets
- Comparative Politics
- Judicial Process
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 1146 other Bachelors in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International29178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14589 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14589 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6268 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Camden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.