Upon completion of the PETE curriculum, the successful completion of student teaching, and the requisite Praxis II content and licensure exams, teacher candidates are eligible to apply for teacher licensure in South Dakota and other states.
In addition to completing the courses required of the curriculum, teacher candidates will complete field and clinical experiences related to their coursework, beginning with the first semester they are officially admitted to the PETE program. These experiences are in addition to those field experiences that are part of the Teacher Education program.
This Physical Education Teacher Education program at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy physical activity and sports
- Lead a healthy lifestyle
- Work well with children of all ages
- Are patient and creative
- Have strong leadership skills
- Physical education teacher
- Park and recreation coordinator
- Substitute teacher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Determinants of Health
- South Dakota American Indian Culture and Education
- Human Anatomy and Lab
- Dance Fundamentals
- Creative Movement for Children and Lab
- Teaching and Learning
- Human Relations
- Technical Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Sports Sciences View 970 other Masters in Teaching in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application Note: New and transferring international (F-1 visa) undergraduate students should be at least 17 years of age by the time they begin their studies at SDSU.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
New undergraduate students should have the equivalent of a 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the US
Transfer students who have completed 30 or more credits at another US college or university should have a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Academic Records
- English Language Proficiency
- All new undergraduate students (not transfer students) are required to provide proof of their English language proficiency. Scores must be submitted within two years of taking the test. Students from certain countries and based on their educational background may not have to submit scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International372 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 372 USD per credit during 48 months.
National372 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 372 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State257 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 257 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.