The program focuses on characteristics of various learners or clients, learning principles and different applications of the teaching-learning process.
Families in today’s complex global society face many challenges when it comes to relationships, life-work balance, raising children, caring for aging family members, finances, food choices, and housing.
As a family and consumer sciences educator, the graduate of the Family and Consumer Sciences Education program at South Dakota State University is qualified to teach content in a wide range of settings, including in middle and high schools, occupational training programs, adult programs, or to serve as an extension educator.
- Child care center administrator
- Youth services specialist
- Professional development trainer
- Extension educator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy of Career and Technical Education
- Work Based Learning
- South Dakota American Indian Culture and Education
- Consumers in the Market
- Foundations in Financial Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Family & Consumer Science View 3329 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application Note: New and transferring international (F-1 visa) undergraduate students should be at least 17 years of age by the time they begin their studies at SDSU.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
New undergraduate students should have the equivalent of a 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the US
Transfer students who have completed 30 or more credits at another US college or university should have a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Academic Records
- English Language Proficiency
- All new undergraduate students (not transfer students) are required to provide proof of their English language proficiency. Scores must be submitted within two years of taking the test. Students from certain countries and based on their educational background may not have to submit scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International372 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 372 USD per credit during 48 months.
National372 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 372 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State257 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 257 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.