The graduate of the Exercise Science program at South Dakota State University will have the ability to raise awareness about health and physical activity, change behavior, and create environments that support good health practices, including, but not limited to exercise and physical activity.
The Exercise Science professional assists people to develop self-responsibility for their own health and wellness, and implement health assessments and wellness programs that promote a healthy lifestyle. Exercise Science professionals work and study in commercial, clinical, and workplace settings to increase health, fitness, and quality of life for the general population.
They are also able to apply their knowledge of acute and chronic exercise physiology to promote better health, reduce chronic disease, or to enhance the performance of athletes.
- Personal trainer/group exercise instructor/Gym Manager or Owner
- Health educator/health coach
- Worksite wellness coordinator
- Clinical exercise physiologist (cardiac rehabilitation) (with additional education)
- Strength and conditioning coach (with additional education)
- Physical therapist/occupational therapist (with additional education)
The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation for the Exercise Sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Anatomy
- Health and Human Performance
- Professional Development
- Clinical Exercise Phisiology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Sciences Kinesiology View 1111 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
For admission to SDSU, we look for one of the following academic achievements:
- An ACT composite score or ACT superscore of 18 or SAT Math and Reading/Writing subscore total of 970 or
- Level 3 or higher on Math and English Language Arts Smarter Balance Assessment or
- A high school cumulative GPA of 2.6 or higher or
- A ranking in the top 60 percent of graduating class.
Students should also complete the following core courses with a “C” average or above:
- 4 years of English (or ACT English subscore of 18 or above).
- 3 years of advanced math—Algebra I and higher (or ACT math subscore of 20).
- 3 years of laboratory science (or ACT science reasoning subscore of 17).
- 3 years of social science (or ACT reading subscore of 17).
- 1 year of fine arts (or AP Fine Arts score of 3 or above) Includes vocal, instrumental and studio arts.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
National11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State7770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.