As the broadest field of engineering, mechanical engineering plays an important role in nearly every industry, from aerospace and automotive, to energy and manufacturing, to robotics and biotechnology. Mechanical engineers design devices and systems to efficiently employ the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of society.
Mechanical Engineering is an applied science profession based on mathematics, physics and chemistry.
This Mechanical Engineering course at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Are naturally curious about how things work
- Enjoy math and science
- Like to tinker and build things
- Are a creative problem solver
- Want broad career opportunities
- Mechanical engineer
- Design engineer
- Test engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Product engineer
The Mechanical Engineering Bachelor of Science program at SDSU is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Production and Fabrication Processes and Lab
- Mechanical Engineering Design Technologies and Lab
- Engineering Design Methods and Lab
- Engineering Materials
- Fundamentals of Machine Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 2290 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application Note: New and transferring international (F-1 visa) undergraduate students should be at least 17 years of age by the time they begin their studies at SDSU.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
New undergraduate students should have the equivalent of a 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the US
Transfer students who have completed 30 or more credits at another US college or university should have a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Academic Records
- English Language Proficiency
- All new undergraduate students (not transfer students) are required to provide proof of their English language proficiency. Scores must be submitted within two years of taking the test. Students from certain countries and based on their educational background may not have to submit scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
National12220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State8417 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.