Computer Science related jobs are among the ten fastest growing careers that show a lot of promise and opportunity for growth.
Majors complete a core of basic computer science courses that includes the study of programming and algorithms, data structures, database concepts, computer architecture and organization, programming languages, compilers, operating systems, and software engineering.
Important courses in closely related fields, e.g., discrete mathematics, digital logic design, scientific computation, and probability and statistics are also taken. Computer Science students are required to study all aspects of computing, including hardware, software, and theory.
This Computer Science program at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Have strong skills in math and science
- Enjoy working with computers and technology
- Are a creative problem solver
- Are generally interested in how things work
- Like the challenge of learning new things
- Information assurance software developer
- Operating systems and network administrator
- Software engineer
- Computer support specialist
- Information technology consultant
The B.S. program in Computer Science is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET,
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Science
- Digital Logic and Lab
- Data Structures
- Ethical and Security Issues in Computing
- Assembly Language
- Computer Organization and Architecture
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 885 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application Note: New and transferring international (F-1 visa) undergraduate students should be at least 17 years of age by the time they begin their studies at SDSU.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Academic Records
- English Language Proficiency
- All new undergraduate students (not transfer students) are required to provide proof of their English language proficiency. Scores must be submitted within two years of taking the test. Students from certain countries and based on their educational background may not have to submit scores.
New undergraduate students should have the equivalent of a 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the US
Transfer students who have completed 30 or more credits at another US college or university should have a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
National11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State7770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.