You'll gain hands-on experience in creating digital works using industry-standard software and incorporating design theory and efficient workflows. You'll be equipped to work in such areas as web design, electronic publishing, motion graphics, multimedia, animation, and graphic design.
In your online Digital Media and Web Technology programme at University of Maryland University College, you'll learn the theories, technologies, techniques, and best practices that govern the effective design of interactive, immersive, and engaging digital media across many different platforms. We'll lead you through the entire design process, from pre-planning to concept design to final publishing. You'll use industry-standard Adobe Creative Suite software, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and After Effects.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to:
- Design, develop, and manage digital media using current and emerging technologies that adhere to industry standards
- Analyze needs and effectively manage projects and resources, applying sound business principles and technology
- Design and develop digital, interactive, and web-based media to meet customer requirements and usability standards
- Develop, test, and implement web and multimedia applications using techniques for scripting and programming
- Effectively apply relevant theories, practices, and principles when designing and developing works of digital media
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Digital Media
- Current Trends and Projects in Digital Media and Web Technology
- Principles of Web Design and Technology
- Image Editing
- Illustration Graphics
- Web Development Using XML
- Web Application Development Using AJAX
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Digital Communication View 48 other Bachelors in Digital Communication in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Secondary education (high school graduation): If you have earned fewer than 24 transferable credits at a U.S. college or university, you must verify your completion of the equivalent of a U.S. secondary education by doing one of the following:
- Requesting an evaluation from an approved international credit evaluation service
- Providing official transcripts showing completion of the U.S. General Education Development, known as the GED, exam with a passing score
International14970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 499 USD per credit during 48 months.
National14970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 499 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State9180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 306 USD per credit during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.