Athabasca University’s online Women’s and Gender Studies program will develop or expand your knowledge of the established field of women’s studies and the emerging field of gender studies.
Discover how feminist and gender theories, concepts, history, methodologies, research and activism inform the lives and experiences of women across time and place. You will also learn about gender as a social construct within a variety of contexts.
Develop your awareness of the historical, cultural and political bases of prejudice, discrimination, inequalities and oppression. Consider and analyze how intersecting systems of oppression condition humans’ lives, including:
- Addictions Counsellor
- Advocate for women’s/children’s rights
- Program Co-ordinator
- Program Advisor
- Child Welfare Worker
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Psychology of Women
- Introduction to Feminist Counselling
- Feminist Research and Women's Lives
- Thinking from Women's Lives: An Introduction to Women's Studies
- Gender, Sexuality and Society
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies View 8 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Canada
- There are no formal admission requirements for either the 3-year or the 4-year program. All you need is to be 16 or older. You can enrol anytime and start right away, regardless of your previous education.
International18402 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 73610 CAD for the full programme during 48 months.
National7132 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28530 CAD for the full programme during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.