The university, a leader in providing career-relevant education online, offers the Undergraduate Certificate in Fish and Wildlife Management. This interdisciplinary degree covers prevailing issues including law, policy, programs and emerging risks to water resource management, public lands management, and fish and wildlife preservation.
The program draws learners who are dedicated to the discipline and was designed using core competencies associated with fish and wildlife manager responsibilities. Courses are conducted entirely online, giving working adults the flexibility to fit a respected education into their busy lives.
The online Undergraduate Certificate in Fish and Wildlife Management is taught by scholar-practitioners. Many instructors hold leadership positions at the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Environmental Protection Agency, Bureau of Land Management, the Nature Conservancy, and other environmental organizations. The Undergraduate Certificate in Fish and Wildlife Management is offered by the American Public University.
Faculty members stay actively involved with the changing laws, policies, scientific advancements, and the social and political influences that are shaping environmental public policy.
This ensures that the university students stay at the forefront of federal and state policy and regulation changes that are impacting fish and wildlife resources.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Describe the fundamental concepts and principles of the management of fish and wildlife resources.
- Explain the impact of human activities on the survival and management of fish and wildlife populations.
- Identify the federal, state, and local agencies responsible for the management of fish and wildlife resources.
- List the competencies needed to become a professional fish or wildlife manager.
- Compare the effectiveness of fish and wildlife management techniques and methods.
- Explain the regulations, policies, and politics that influence the management of fish and wildlife in the U.S.
American Public University is part of the American Public University System (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting institutions located in a 19-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fish and Wildlife Policies, Programs, and Issues
- Public Lands Management
- Introduction to Wildlife Management
- Population Ecology
- Environmental Policy, Regulation, and Law
- Water Resources Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management Aquaculture & Fisheries View 19 other programmes in Natural Resource Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED) to apply to the university.
- You will be asked to submit a legible color copy of your valid government-issued photo ID before registering for courses. Military undergraduate students will submit a government issued JST or CCAF transcript.
- You may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment. If you have previously earned 9+ hours of college credit, please contact us about waiving this requirement.
- If you are a transfer student, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from any other schools where you earned college-level academic credit.
- Your first course here will be Foundations of Online Learning (COLL100).
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.