Examine the components of government contracting, strategic planning, and the systems acquisition cycle with the Government Contracting and Acquisition BA course at the American Public University.
Working with simulation-based scenarios created from real-world case studies, you learn industry best practices. APU’s online government contracting and acquisition degree enables you to understand the processes and criteria used by the government to evaluate and select proposals for contract following the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
APU’s transfer-friendly program focuses largely on practice, rather than theory, offering a curriculum shaped in consultation with organizations such as the National Contract Management Association and Management Concepts.
What You Will Do
- Explain the acquisition cycle and process, contract requirements, types of contracts, and contingency contracting authorities and structure
- Understand how to use and apply a contract audit
- Prepare a Defense Contract Audit Agency report to meet a negotiation objective that considers competitive factors
- Understand the elements of cost in overhead, then use simple regression analysis, learning curve analysis, and statistics to calculate a price and cost objective
- Explain the Joint Theater Support Contracting Command
- This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Acquisition Business Management
- Program and Acquisition Management
- Defense Budget Development and Execution
- Program Appraisal
- Acquisition Test & Evaluation
- Cost Analysis and Negotiation Techniques
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesProject Management Military Science Civil & Private Law View 11 other Bachelors in Civil & Private Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 2 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.