Explore global terrorism concerns, legal and ethical issues, physical security, and related topics by enrolling in the Security Management BA course at the American Public University.
APU’s online BA in Security Management degree will help you identify organizational security risk exposure, determine cost-effective mitigation strategies, and prepare for recovery procedures. Additionally, you will examine the variety and extent of losses from criminal acts, natural disasters, and security breaches facing society.
This program provides a solid foundation for professions that involve general public or private management, federal or local government civil service, military service, law enforcement, and similar industries.
Students must choose a concentration for this degree program:
- Government Security
- Information Security
- Loss Prevention Management
What You Will Do
- Identify organizational security risk exposure, cost-effective mitigation strategies, and recovery options
- Employ the use of risk analysis and vulnerability assessment processes
- Critically examine the variety and extent of losses from criminal acts, natural disasters, and security breaches facing society
- Analyze information, personnel, and physical security and determine planning approaches to prevent business losses
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Security Administration
- Research Design and Methods
- Global Terrorism
- Principles and Theory of Security Issues
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Security Management
- Evaluation of Security Programs
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership IT Security Terrorism & Security View 29 other Masters in IT Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.