About the programme
Our faculty engage in cultural studies (i.e., ethnomusicology) and with current literary theory, connect with faculty of other departments (i.e., English, Philosophy, and Psychology), and are on the cutting edge of technological change. Students who have a passion for music and who have already developed basic skills in areas including performance, music history, composition, or ethnography, should consider a major in Music at Columbia University.
- Music Theory
- Ear Training
- Topics in Music and Society
- Techniques of 20th Century Music
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music Composition View 327 other Bachelors in Music Composition in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Columbia University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Autobiographical information
- Lists and descriptions of a student’s achievements, activities, employment and summer activities
- Personal essay
- An official high school transcript from all high schools attended
- One high school counselor’s recommendation and school profile
- The completed Mid-Year Report
- SAT or ACT
- Applicants may self-report their scores
- English proficiency examination score (if necessary)
- These recommendations must come from teachers who taught you in academic disciplines
- For engineering applicants, one must come from a math or science teacher
International62570 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31285 USD per semester during 48 months.
National62570 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31285 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.