As environmental and sustainability advocates, students customize their course of study, drawing from such diverse fields as anthropology, law, history, management, economics, and the sciences. In addition to coursework, this hands-on degree incorporates internships, research, cooperative education, and capstone course experiences in which students work as members of a multi-disciplinary team partnered with agencies and organizations throughout the Boston metropolitan area.
What You Will Learn
After completing your requirements in the BA in Environmental Studies and Sustainability at University of Massachusetts Boston you will have a firm grounding in the multiple fields that contribute to advancing our understanding of the human-natural systems connections. You will have the critical thinking skills necessary to communicate complexity and the analytical skills required to advance new programs, policies, and communication strategies in support of a sustainable future.
- Global Environmental Change
- Statistics for Environmental Science
- Public Policy
- Environmental Ethics
- Environmental Anthropology
- This Land is Your Land: A Survey of American Environmental History
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Economics & Policy Public Policy View 780 other Bachelors in Public Policy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Massachusetts Boston and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed UMass Boston online admission application
- Application fee of $100
- An official high school record, leaving certificate and/or graduation examination results or their notarized copies. All documents in foreign languages must be translated by a certified professional. Records must be sent directly from the institution to be considered official.
- Academic recommendation letter (from a school-based counselor and/or teacher)
- 500-word essay
- Test scores
International35515 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35515 USD per year during 48 months.
National35515 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35515 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14542 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.