The Online Information Science degree at University of North Texas prepares students for a career at the intersection of information, people, and technology. The continuous growth of information and technology innovation have led to a host of related trends and issues, including social media, security, privacy, digital divide, information literacy, open access, digital curation and more. With the need to address these issues comes the importance of educating a new generation of information professional who not only have the can-do attitude but also flexible, innovative, entrepreneurial and progressive.
At the Intersection of Information, People & Technology
Students earning this degree are able to customize their program by developing focused areas of studies (concentrations) or by choosing a minor or certificate in another field. The flexibility built into the BSIS program prepares graduates for the varying career options available in the information profession.
Information has increased in importance. This reality opened the door to even more exciting opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate level in the information profession. While pursuing your degree, you will hone the skills required to:
- Aid information seekers
- Add value to information products
- Apply the latest tools and technologies to the ever increasing volume of information
BSIS Major Requirements:
- At least 33 hours including 18 hours of required courses in one of the program concentrations, and at least 15 additional hours selected with the approval of the department.
- Cross Functional - 45 hours may be completed or transferred from related areas and programs as approved by the department. Students must contact an advisor in the information science program to determine the 45 hours of course work needed to complete the cross functional area of the degree.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.5 is required on all courses counted toward the major.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Business Information Systems View 22 other Bachelors in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit your Admission Application to UNT
- Pay the Application Fee
- Submit Your Official Academic Credentials
- Demonstrate English Language Proficiency
- Check Academic Department Requirements & Deadlines
International11520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 384 USD per credit during 48 months.
National11520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 384 USD per credit during 48 months.
- $45K Estimated TX Resident Tuition & Fees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.