Our Ethnic Studies curriculum has a strong social justice focus. Through a systematic study of the cultures, histories, and social realities of communities of color in the US, our students finish our program prepared to work effectively in multiracial, multiethnic, multigender communities.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with a B.A. in Ethnic Studies - American Indian Studies degree from California State University East Bay will be able to:
- Apply Ethnic Studies frameworks and key concepts to promote equity and social justice in our communities.
- Explain discipline-specific theoretical frameworks including critical race theory, intersectionality, women of color feminisms, and/or queer of color theories
- Recognize the complexity, heterogeneity and power dynamics between and within racialized groups in the US.
- Research and write effectively, in individual or collaborative contexts, on issues, ideas, perspectives, and values that affect people of color in the United States;
- Explain the concepts of colonialism, decolonization, genocide, environmental racism, and/or resilience as foundations of indigenous epistemologies and sovereignty.
- Social Justice in Communities of Color
- Race and Resistance
- Writing for Social Justice
- Black Feminisms
- Eating The Landscape
- Engaging Communities of Color
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as early in the application period as possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Literature View 2235 other Bachelors in Literature in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at California State University East Bay and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All applicants that have academic records from outside of the U.S. will be required to submit an unofficial English language translation, if the original language transcript is not in English.
- Academic records (transcripts and degree certificates, if applicable) must be prepared in the native language and accompanied by complete, literal English translations prepared by the university’s authorized official, such as the Registrar, Rector, or Recorder.
- If your studies were in the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum program, please submit your school transcripts for evaluation.
International16499 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16499 USD per year during 48 months.
National16499 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16499 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6995 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6995 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.