The Art Department emphasizes study in our Bachelor of Fine Arts program. This is a professional degree that offers students the opportunity to develop greater expertise through comprehensive and intensive study in a specific area of art or design - a program that leads to successful careers in the visual art and design industries. Students who intend to pursue graduate studies or advanced skills for a professional career typically choose the B.F.A degree.
Projects enable students to acquire refined visual skills in research, aesthetics awareness, humanistic sensibilities, design composition and organization of information. Multifaceted design briefs require individual and collaborative teamwork, greater sophistication of design thinking, and skill sets for working within a broad application of traditional and new media formats. Students develop the ability to respond to more complex communication challenges with creative conceptual solutions and with enhanced technical expertise.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate the Art - Graphic Design program at California State University East Bay will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of appropriate art-making skills and tools.
- Imagine, ideate and create using an open, confident, and flexible method through creative processes and design thinking.
- Critique and think critically about art works using appropriate concepts from art history and theory, in the context of culture, contemporary art, and in public and global spheres.
- Communicate clearly and persuasively through their work.
- Integrate arts related skills in developing professional practices and planning for ethical, sustainable civic engagement.
- Formulate a plan to develop and maintain a professional creative practice.
- History of Graphic Design
- Graphic Arts
- Design Concepts and Narratives
- Design for Production
- Design Strategy and Collaborations
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Graphic Design View 2666 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at California State University East Bay and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All applicants that have academic records from outside of the U.S. will be required to submit an unofficial English language translation, if the original language transcript is not in English.
- Academic records (transcripts and degree certificates, if applicable) must be prepared in the native language and accompanied by complete, literal English translations prepared by the university’s authorized official, such as the Registrar, Rector, or Recorder.
- If your studies were in the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum program, please submit your school transcripts for evaluation.
International16499 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16499 USD per year during 48 months.
National16499 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16499 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6995 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6995 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.