Program HighlightsWhat makes the Professional Writing (Interdisciplinary Studies) BSc program offered at Old Dominion University unique?
- Designed to meet the needs of various populations, including traditional and non-traditional students, and individuals working in positions of influence who are interested in expanding their repertoire of skills.
- Provides students an opportunity to take a diverse array of courses across the disciplines in order to develop various skillsets and techniques in writing.
- Offered through ODU Online in partnership with community colleges throughout Virginia, the program offers a unique learning experience and is especially sensitive to the needs and experiences of adult learners.
- With televised and video-streamed classes delivered in the evening and on weekends, the program offers its students in even the most remote locations an opportunity to earn a degree while working.
- Digital Writing
- Interdisciplinary Theory and Concepts
- Technical Writing
- Rhetorical Studies
- Organizational Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesCorporate Communication Creative Writing Digital Communication View 210 other Bachelors in Corporate Communication in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application and $50 fee.
- All prior Secondary/High School or College/University transcripts along with Diploma or Leaving Certificate.
- Demonstrated English Language Proficiency.
- Financial Documentation (seeking F/J visas only).
- Passport identification page.
- SAT/ACT standardized exams are optional, though highly recommended.
International30960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1032 USD per credit during 48 months.
National30960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1032 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State10800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 360 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.