Students in these concentrations take common courses in areas such as computer-aided drafting, statistics, strength of materials, dynamics, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, automation and controls, and computer solid modeling. Graduates of the program are prepared for a range of technical positions including system design, fabrication, manufacturing, HVAC (heating, ventilating and air conditioning), and mechatronics.
What makes the Mechanical Engineering Technology BSc program from Old Dominion University unique?
- Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Culminates in a senior project that integrates course work with a practical project assignment in the student's area of interest.
- Graduates are able to sit for the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) license examinations such as the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) and the Professional Engineering (PE)
- Computer Solid Modeling
- Advanced Manufacturing Processes
- Computer Aided Drafting
- Manufacturing Processes and Methods
- Design of Machine Elements
- Automation and Controls
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering Design View 1078 other Bachelors in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application and $50 fee.
- All prior Secondary/High School or College/University transcripts along with Diploma or Leaving Certificate.
- Demonstrated English Language Proficiency.
- Financial Documentation (seeking F/J visas only).
- Passport identification page.
- SAT/ACT standardized exams are optional, though highly recommended.
Students can apply to the MET program during the semester in which they complete the following requirements in the Engineering Fundamentals Division:
- Complete ENGN 110- Explore Engineering and Technology
- Complete at least 30 credit hours applicable toward the degree. This is typically after the freshman year of courses
- Have an overall GPA of 2.00 or higher
International30960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1032 USD per credit during 48 months.
National30960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1032 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State10800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 360 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.