The Accounting B.S.B.A program offered at Old Dominion University provides students with technical accounting knowledge and the ability to analyze problems, communicate solutions, interact with colleagues, and successfully handle ethical issues appropriate for staff-level positions. Our undergraduate accounting program not only prepares you for your first accounting job, but also for graduate study or accounting certification examinations. The program attracts students transitioning from the military, all races, foreign undergraduates from a variety of countries, about an equal number of men and women, as well as both older and traditionally aged college students. We also do a booming business in second degree seekers. And, believe it or not, the faculty are very helpful whether it is questions about classes, school, interviews, jobs, or personal concern.
What makes Accounting at ODU unique?
- You will be able to identify and solve ethical issues in accounting.
- You will be able to use things you learned in your business courses to answer accounting and business problems.
- You will understand how information technology can influence accounting decisions.
- You will be able to recognize and resolve accounting and business issues in a global setting.
- You will be able to identify and work out accounting issues in financial and management accounting, tax, and accounting information systems.
- You will learn from an undergraduate curriculum that focuses on ideal skills for entry level accountants and provides motivation to become an accounting professional.
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Auditing
- Taxation of Individuals
- Taxation of Business Entities
- Accounting Information Systems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Taxation View 1375 other Bachelors in Finance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application and $50 fee.
- All prior Secondary/High School or College/University transcripts along with Diploma or Leaving Certificate.
- Demonstrated English Language Proficiency.
- Financial Documentation (seeking F/J visas only).
- Passport identification page.
- SAT/ACT standardized exams are optional, though highly recommended.
International30960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1032 USD per credit during 48 months.
National30960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1032 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State10800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 360 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.