You'll work in a range of disciplines and explore advanced visual design, interactive media, digital fabrication and sonic arts. A historical examination of art will give you the background you need to harness the full potential of these technologies.
The Emergent Digital Practices program of the University of Denver focuses on the creation and performance of your own original works, and emphasizes community engagement in galleries, museums, festivals and other public spaces.
Graduates go on to careers in areas such as experience design, creative coding, game design and arts management. Since you can tailor your degree with specialized electives in subjects such as 3D modeling and advanced video art, there are a wide range of tech and artistic careers ahead.
Emergent Digital Practices Provides:
- Cutting-edge learning spaces that are equal parts laboratory, studio, think tank and stage
- Digital Fabrication technologies, powerful imaging and sonification tools and a variety of interactive flex-spaces that allow students to gain experience with the most current tools
- Small class sizes that allow students to work closely with faculty who are innovators in digital arts and design
- Collaborations and projects with institutions like the Denver Art Museum, Denver Museum of Nature and Science and more
- A broad understanding of new media literacies combined with practical and technical skills.
- Imaging in Emergent Digital Practices
- Coding in Emergent Digital Practices
- Systems in Emergent Digital Practices
- Time in Emergent Digital Practices
- Making Critical Games
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Video Games & Multimedia View 190 other Bachelors in Video Games & Multimedia in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The application requires a $65 nonrefundable application fee
- If you have completed or will complete a U.S.- or Canadian-style secondary or high school program (including International Baccalaureate [IB] and Advanced Placement [AP]) either in the United States, Canada or overseas, we encourage you to take the SAT and/or ACT standardized tests
- Contact each of your secondary schools or high schools to have them send your official transcripts to International Student Admission in separate sealed envelopes
- We'll need to read a letter of recommendation from your teacher or school counselor
- English proficiency
- You have the option to complete an interview after submitting a successful English proficiency score
International53640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53640 USD per year during 48 months.
National53640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53640 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Denver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.