Whether you take a course on Islamic mosques, Medieval saints or women and art, in the Art History program of the University of Denver you'll explore how the visual arts reflect and shape cultures. We’ll help you combine classroom skills with career-relevant experience to form a diverse, solid and professional skill set.
Denver’s many art institutions allow us to offer both academic knowledge and hands-on experience. Students frequently work on projects at the Denver Art Museum, the Clyfford Still Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver. Students also have access to employment, volunteer and classroom opportunities at the University of Denver’s Vicki Myhren Gallery and the Madden Museum of Fine Art.
Why Study Art History At DU?
- Students refine their writing while developing analytical and critical skills, both of which are assets when securing employment.
- The University’s Vicki Myhren Gallery and Madden Museum of Fine Art give students opportunities for hands-on experiences that supplement their classroom learning.
- We introduce students to internationally renowned visiting artists, curators and scholars to expand their professional network.
- World Art
- Highlights of Medieval Art
- Learning in Museums
- Arts of the American West
- Puritan, Shaker, Hindu: Material Religion in North America
- Gothic Art
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Museum Studies View 2298 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The application requires a $65 nonrefundable application fee
- If you have completed or will complete a U.S.- or Canadian-style secondary or high school program (including International Baccalaureate [IB] and Advanced Placement [AP]) either in the United States, Canada or overseas, we encourage you to take the SAT and/or ACT standardized tests
- Contact each of your secondary schools or high schools to have them send your official transcripts to International Student Admission in separate sealed envelopes
- We'll need to read a letter of recommendation from your teacher or school counselor
- English proficiency
- You have the option to complete an interview after submitting a successful English proficiency score
International53640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53640 USD per year during 48 months.
National53640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53640 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Denver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.