- Students will explore fashion design in conjunction with the critical elements of design, forecasting, production, evaluation, branding, and sustainability of textiles, clothing, accessories, and home furnishings that globally bind consumers to products. The Art - Fashion Design programme is offered at the Howard University.
- We situate fashion in the broader study of design utilizing aesthetic, cultural, economic, geographic, historic, political, scientific, social-psychological, and technological frames of reference. A foundation in art and design coursework and an interdisciplinary approach helps students develop theoretical, technical, and creative competencies necessary for personal and professional growth and success.
A student must complete 18 to 21 credits in the Department of Art, with the approval of a faculty advisor, in order to obtain a minor. In selecting electives, students may choose within the following guidelines:
- University electives in humanities – any courses in the humanities area (literature, drama, music, classics, English) for which the student can qualify;
- Art electives – any courses in the practice or history of art; fashion merchandising or interior design;
- Studio electives – any courses in the practice of art or design for which the student qualifies.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Fashion Design View 2508 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission
- Non-refundable $45 application fee
- Official high school transcript
- One letter of recommendation from a high school counselor
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher
International28450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28450 USD per year during 48 months.
National28450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28450 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.