Courses emphasize skills in critical thinking, argumentative and expository writing, cultural literacy, citizenship, and global diversity. Majors in religious studies pursue graduate studies and careers in numerous fields, including education, government, humanitarian services, journalism, law, medicine, and politics. The Religious Studies (Honours) programme is offered at the Oregon State University.
- Acquire and further develop core humanities skills of critical thinking, textual analysis, expository and persuasive writing, and organized research, that displays academic knowledge of religious studies.
- Articulate the roles of religiosity in a secular democratic society and cultivate characteristics of engaged citizenship.
- Demonstrate sufficient familiarity with three classical world religions, including knowledge of at least one religious cultural tradition outside of European/American culture.
- Utilize various disciplinary approaches – historical, literary, philosophical, religious, ethical – to articulate the concept and meaning of “religion” and the nature of its academic study
- Apply scholarly methods to understand how religious communities address concrete issues such as environment, gender, violence, and secularity.
- Religious Studies
- Religious Ethics and Moral Problems
- Hindu Traditions
- Hewish Traditions
- World-Views and Values in the Bible
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology View 884 other Bachelors in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- 3.0 GPA High school diploma or IB Diploma with minimum overall score of 26 or IGCSE 5 subjects with a 3.0 average using NCAA scale (9-7/A=4, 5-6/B/C=3, 4/D/E=2, F/G=1, 3-1/U=0). Subjects must include Math, English, Science, 2 electives.
- English Test Scores must be less than two years old as of the start term requested. Applicants may also use the following achievements to meet the English Requirements for admission to an undergraduate degree program.
- SAT: evidence-based reading/writing score of 560
- ACTE (ACT English) - 21
- Two English composition courses (Writing 121+) with grades C- or better or one English composition and one Speech Communication course (Communication 111+) with grades C- or better, all from a US university.
- IGCSE O or A Level English with a grade of C or better (provisional results not accepted)
- IB Diploma: Language A - Language and Literature (HL) with a minimum score of 5
- AP English L & C - minimum score of 3
International34983 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34983 USD per year during 48 months.
National34983 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34983 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13191 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13191 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Corvallis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.