Geospatial science applies techniques, including web mapping, geovisualization, remote sensing, and geographic information systems (GIS), to address these issues. Geographic thinking and geospatial technology are present in every aspect of modern life, and career opportunities abound for students trained in geography and geospatial science. The Geography and Geospatial Science (Honours) programme is offered at the Oregon State University.
- Use terminology and basic principles to describe and explain (a) physical geography, (b) human geography, and (c) geospatial science and technology.
- Apply spatial reasoning and critical thinking to create, synthesize and analyze data; model human-environment interactions; and evaluate contemporary issues in geography.
- Communicate findings and their implications, including ethical aspects, in visual, oral and written form.
- Ecological Biogeography
- Climate Justice
- The Human Planet
- Transforming Environmental Conflicts
- Land Use Planning For Sustainable Communities
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 327 other Bachelors in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
- 3.0 GPA High school diploma or IB Diploma with minimum overall score of 26 or IGCSE 5 subjects with a 3.0 average using NCAA scale (9-7/A=4, 5-6/B/C=3, 4/D/E=2, F/G=1, 3-1/U=0). Subjects must include Math, English, Science, 2 electives.
- English Test Scores must be less than two years old as of the start term requested. Applicants may also use the following achievements to meet the English Requirements for admission to an undergraduate degree program.
- SAT: evidence-based reading/writing score of 560
- ACTE (ACT English) - 21
- Two English composition courses (Writing 121+) with grades C- or better or one English composition and one Speech Communication course (Communication 111+) with grades C- or better, all from a US university.
- IGCSE O or A Level English with a grade of C or better (provisional results not accepted)
- IB Diploma: Language A - Language and Literature (HL) with a minimum score of 5
- AP English L & C - minimum score of 3
International34983 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34983 USD per year during 48 months.
National34983 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34983 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13191 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13191 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Corvallis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.