About the Program
Majors may apply to this program during the Fall semester of their Junior year and, upon their acceptance, begin to take graduate-level courses towards the CHAPS MA track in the Spring semester of their Junior year in addition to the credits required to complete their B.A.
The Cultural Heritage and Preservation Studies program of Rutgers University is conferred upon completion of all five-year program requirements.
Once admitted, students must become familiar and complete all requirements for the traditional M.A. Concentration. The distribution of graduate credits permitted during and after their undergraduate years is the following:
- Junior year: 6 graduate credits
- Senior year: 12 graduate credits, which must include Fundamentals of Cultural Heritage and Preservation Studies (Fall), and Methods in Cultural Heritage and Preservation Studies (Spring)
- M.A. year: 12 graduate credits, which includes preparation and submission of an M.A. Thesis.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology Art History Museum Studies View 1465 other Bachelors in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must complete and submit the online application form available on the School of Graduate Studies' website, and will be granted conditional admission by December 1st. They are formally admitted to the M.A. program once they have successfully completed all the requirements for their undergraduate degree.
- Students are encouraged to prepare their application in conversation with the Director of CHAPS, the Undergraduate Director and the Program Administrator in Art History. The personal statement in their application must include an explanation on how they plan to complete their undergraduate requirements. An anticipated study plan arranged in conversation with the undergraduate director in Art History is preferred.
- The GRE requirement is waived for applicants with a GPA of 3.2 or above.
International29736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14868 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14868 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6268 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.