The BA in Religion from The City University of New York is not only for those interested in the theology or rituals of a particular faith; it is also for those interested in how religions have contributed to and complicated the politics, cultures, ethics, literatures, histories, questions, and societies of the world of the past and of today.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Recognize and examine the significance of the roles of religion in history and in the contemporary world
- Critically analyze and compare diverse cultural products (art, literature, language, philosophy, music, etc.) of religious lives, thoughts, and practices
- Through engagement with primary and secondary sources, students will use the tools of various disciplines to critically assess religious thoughts and practices and their contributions to world history and culture
- Situate religious practices in their historical contexts and religious cultural products in multiple historical and artistic perspectives, with an eye toward both continuity and change over time
- Build cogent and critically rigorous arguments rooted in textual, artistic, and material evidence, through low- and high-stakes writing assignments and through oral presentations
- Religions of India, China and Japan
- Ancient Mediterranean Religions
- Anthropology of Religion
- Philosophy of Religion
- Sociology of Religion
- African Religion and Culture in the New World
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Religious Studies & Theology View 2271 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students should submit the application processing fee of $65 payable to UAPC, an official high school transcript (if the transcript is not in English, we will need a translation of your transcript word for word), copies of any mark sheets or exam certificates, and TOEFL score if the native language is not English.
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
New York State Residents Full-time (12 credits or more) - $3,465 per semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.