In University of Massachusetts Boston's Community Development program students can customize their focus of study drawing on a breadth of disciplines to focus on issues at the intersection of the environment and economic development, community health, and planning.
What You Will Learn
After completing your requirements in the BA in community development you will have a firm grounding in the multiple fields that contribute to empowering communities through environmentally sound and sustainable economic development and programming that ensures community health and prosperity. You will have the critical thinking skills necessary to develop and manage community programs and the analytical skills required to advance new strategies and actions in support of a sustainable and just future.
- The Nature of Environmental Problems
- Statistics for Environmental Science
- History and Theory of Community Development
- Community Health and Environment
- Cities and the Environment
- Quantitative Methods for Community Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Community Development View 2050 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Massachusetts Boston and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed UMass Boston online admission application
- Application fee of $100
- An official high school record, leaving certificate and/or graduation examination results or their notarized copies. All documents in foreign languages must be translated by a certified professional. Records must be sent directly from the institution to be considered official.
- Academic recommendation letter (from a school-based counselor and/or teacher)
- 500-word essay
- Test scores
International35515 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35515 USD per year during 48 months.
National35515 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35515 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14542 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.