The Classics and Religious Studies Department at University of Massachusetts Boston offers undergraduate programs in Classical Studies and Classical Languages, and Religious Studies as well as several graduate degrees designed to prepare Latin teachers for secondary school teaching in Massachusetts, or anywhere in the U.S.
- Undergraduate students majoring in Classical Studies examine the civilizations of Greece and Rome through a curriculum based mainly on works read in English translation.
- Courses in classical studies (designated CLSICS 281, etc.) require no knowledge of Greek or Latin.
- Women, Gender, and Sexuality in Ancient Greece
- The Myth of the Hero
- Demystifying Language: English Vocabulary
- Poets, Warriors and Sages: The Greeks
- Running a Business in Ancient Rome
- Women in Ancient Greece
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History General Studies & Classics View 3021 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Massachusetts Boston and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed UMass Boston online admission application
- Application fee of $100
- An official high school record, leaving certificate and/or graduation examination results or their notarized copies. All documents in foreign languages must be translated by a certified professional. Records must be sent directly from the institution to be considered official.
- Academic recommendation letter (from a school-based counselor and/or teacher)
- 500-word essay
- Test scores
International35515 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35515 USD per year during 48 months.
National35515 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35515 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14542 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.