- Students choose their Arts concentration from the following schools in CFA: Architecture, Art, Design, Drama or Music. Students choose their science concentration from among the departments in MCS: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Mathematical Sciences, Neurobiology or Physics.
- The BSA curriculum at the Carnegie Mellon University has three main components: general core requirements, fine arts concentration requirements and natural sciences/mathematics concentration requirements. Each student's course of study is structured so they can complete this rigorous program in four years.
- Students receive extensive advising support. The academic advisors in the BXA Intercollege Degree Programs are the primary advisors and liaisons between CFA and MCS. Each student has two additional academic advisors: an advisor in the admitting school of CFA to guide their focus in the arts and an advisor in MCS to guide their focus in the sciences.
- Writing about Data
- Writing about Public Problems
- World Music
- Books You Should Have Read By Now
- Global Histories
- Flesh and Spirit: Early Modern Europe, 1400-1750
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts History Music View 2307 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- $75 application fee*
- Official high school transcript (please review our Academic Requirements)**
- All required standardized testing official score reports, which includes the TOEFL or IELTS if English is not your native language
- Secondary School Counselor Evaluation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Common Application essay
- Carnegie Mellon Common Application Writing Supplement, which includes three short answer questions
- All fine arts applicants to the Schools of Drama and Music are required to arrange required pre-screen, audition or portfolio review.
- All fine art applications to the Schools of Architecture, Art, Design are required to submit required portfolio and creative materials.
- Home schooled applicants should submit an academic portfolio/transcript consistent with their state guidelines and a list of all textbooks used.
International57560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57560 USD per year during 48 months.
National57560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57560 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.