- Psychology is a science that embraces both biological and social sciences. It is a science concerned with establishing principles and laws regarding the ways in which people think and behave. Some of the sub-fields within psychology that are taught at Carnegie Mellon University include cognitive, social, personality, developmental, educational, clinical, physiological, and health. In all of these areas knowledge is established through the scientific study of human behavior.
- The department at the Carnegie Mellon University has many resources for students to use in acquiring these skills. For instance, students interested in child development may be involved in the child development laboratory and observational facilities which are a part of the Carnegie Mellon Children's School.
- The department has a set of state of the art undergraduate research laboratories. In addition to formal class work, students are encouraged to participate in research projects and fieldwork via a number of opportunities available to them. They may register for Readings in Psychology, Research in Psychology, or an Internship in Clinical Psychology. In the Research course, the student may work on an ongoing research project or develop and carry out a new research project with a faculty member.
- Modern Biology
- Modern Chemistry
- Techniques in Quantitative Analysis
- Reasoning with Data
- Probability Theory and Random Processes
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 436 other Bachelors in Clinical Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- $75 application fee*
- Official high school transcript (please review our Academic Requirements)**
- All required standardized testing official score reports, which includes the TOEFL or IELTS if English is not your native language
- Secondary School Counselor Evaluation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Common Application essay
- Carnegie Mellon Common Application Writing Supplement, which includes three short answer questions
- All fine arts applicants to the Schools of Drama and Music are required to arrange required pre-screen, audition or portfolio review.
- All fine art applications to the Schools of Architecture, Art, Design are required to submit required portfolio and creative materials.
- Home schooled applicants should submit an academic portfolio/transcript consistent with their state guidelines and a list of all textbooks used.
International57560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57560 USD per year during 48 months.
National57560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57560 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.