Study with industry leaders and have the opportunity to intern at major recording studios, media companies, and performance venues in New York City, the capital of the music industry. Apply to the Music Technology BM program from New York University.
Hands-On Learning Opportunities
You'll have the opportunity to intern at major New York City recording studios, media companies, and performance venues such as Sony Music, Radio City Music Hall, Birdland, and the Metropolitan Opera. Internships have often led to permanent employment opportunities.
Careers and Outcomes
Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared for careers in fields like sound engineering, post-production, electronic music, software development, and multimedia. Thanks to an intensive education and important experiences working directly in the industry, you’ll be well positioned within a substantial network to take on a variety of roles, or pursue an advanced degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analog Recording Technology
- Digital Recording Technology
- Audio for Video
- Concert Recording
- Music Technology
- Electronic Music Performance
- Music Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic General Engineering & Technology Liberal Arts View 1128 other Bachelors in Liberal Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official score reports (see NYU’s standardized testing requirements).
- An audition or portfolio for specific artistic program applicants to the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development and Tisch School of the Arts.
- English language testing if you have not completed at least 3 years of study where English is the sole language of instruction and English is not your native language.
- Official transcripts of all college work that you have received academic credit for.
- The Common Application Mid Year Report with updated transcript.
International56500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56500 USD per year during 48 months.
National56500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56500 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.