Throughout this History Associate Degree (AD) from the American Public University (APU), you explore important historical periods by examining decisive events and cultures from a global perspective. Providing basic education about history, APU’s Associate of Arts in History covers world civilization with options to further explore American history, Western civilization, African-American history, history of the American Indian, and the history of women in the U.S.
Faculty who are published historians bring unique perspectives and relevant research to your learning.
What You Will Do
- Identify major historical developments
- Examine the past from diverse perspectives
- Think about the causes, context, chronology, and resulting changes of events from the past using historical reasoning
- Use historical method to develop questions, conduct research, analyze evidence, and state defensible conclusions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American History
- Western Civilization before The Thirty Years War
- Western Civilization since The Thirty Years War
- History of Women in the United States
- African-American History
- History of the American Indian
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesHistory Modern History View 6 other Masters in Modern History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e., GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.