This foodservice management degree is specifically designed for specialists who completed a culinary arts training program or individuals with culinary experience from the U.S. military. The Culinary and Foodservice Management Associate Degree (AD) from the American Public University (APU) is designed to build upon professional training to develop your supervisory skill and operations management knowledge.Coursework includes foodservice sanitation, foodservice operations, purchasing, cost controls, nutrition in foodservice, and facilities design.
Faculty with real-world experience from the hospitality, tourism, and restaurant industries enrich your learning. Some faculty have also served in the U.S. military.
What You Will Do
- Demonstrate food safety practices to ensure safe food production from purchase to service
- Understand and put in to practice various responsibilities of a foodservice manager
- Implement strategies to effectively manage and improve a restaurant’s performance
- Apply strategic management principles to accomplish goals and objectives of hospitality operations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foodservice Sanitation
- Food and Beverage Management
- Restaurant Operations Management
- Quantity Food Preparation
- Hotel and Restaurant Purchasing
- Nutrition in the Food Service Industry
- Foodservice Facilities Design
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences Culinary Arts View 15 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
This program is designed for students who have practical professional culinary arts experience and training. Culinary experience is required. Such experience could include:
- JST with Culinary Specialist MOS
- CCAF Services Specialist AFSC with documented culinary training
- High school diploma with culinary certificate, credential, or badge
- Community college or culinary school culinary certificate
- Resume/CV with 5 years of experience in the civilian food service or culinary job markets; applicable titles could include, but are not necessarily limited to: sous chef, line cook, prep cook, chef de partie, tournant, grill cook, junior cook
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 2 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.