Completing this Theater Arts program at Portland State University will give you the skills in acting, directing, scholarship, or design and technical production to prepare you for graduate study, or to pursue a career as a working professional in theater arts.
Our alumni are accepted into top graduate programs and have creative skills that can be used in a wide variety of careers. Join them in this imaginative and collaborative field.
Most of our alumni go on to grad school, professional training, or embark on a career as an actor, technical director, stage manager, writer, or director.
Related careers include: arts administrator, teacher, and facilitator.
Recent graduates have been accepted to professional training programs including the National Theatre Institute’s Actor Internship Program, The Orchard Project in New York, the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London, and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Others have found work in theater companies across the country and abroad.
PSU's Theater program is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theater (NAST).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Technical Theater Production
- Script Analysis
- Acting I: Process
- Development of Dramatic Art
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics Liberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 571 other Bachelors in General Studies & Classics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To enroll as a freshman (first year), you must have completed secondary school or high school. Your education must be equivalent to United States secondary school or high school education.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
National29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10386 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.