Through a bachelor's degree in Art History program at Portland State University you will learn to look closely, think critically and communicate effectively about the world’s rich and diverse visual culture. We offer a flexible degree path and our dedicated faculty are eager to help you forge an individual course of study based on your interests and career goals.
A bachelor’s in art history prepares you for a variety of careers, providing key skills that are useful in both professional and life experiences. While some of our graduates go on to pursue advanced degrees, many choose careers in the arts, non-profit administration, and other business careers that depend on creative thinking and strong communication skills.
- Museum or Gallery Curator
- Corporate Curator
- Writer and Editor
- Cultural Specialist
- Art Conservation and Restoration
- Museum Marketing and Public Relations
- Art Consultant
- Art Dealer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nature into Art
- Medieval Monsters
- Italian Renaissance Art
- Latin American Baroque Art
- Contemporary Art
- Chinese Buddhist Art
- Art of War: Representing the Crusades
- Modern Japanese Painting
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Liberal Arts View 2560 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To enroll as a freshman (first year), you must have completed secondary school or high school. Your education must be equivalent to United States secondary school or high school education.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
National29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10386 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.