The Biochemistry program at Portland State University is designed for students seeking to pursue careers in the life sciences, and in addition to quantitative course work on fundamental chemical and physical systems also includes course work in biology as well as in the chemical systems and processes underlying biology.
Biochemistry students are prepared for careers in professional health, STEM business and industry, STEM education and policy, scientific communication, research, and related fields.
Trained biochemists may work with (or start their own) companies that apply scientific principles to develop and enhance products, tools, and technological advances in fields such as medicine (medical supplies or pharmaceuticals), basic chemical research, sports technology, and environmental, agricultural, and food science. They may also work in sales marketing, technical training and support, and public relations positions.
The curriculum, faculty, library, and facilities of the Department of Chemistry are accredited by the American Chemical Society (ACS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative Analysis
- Physical Chemistry
- Instrumental Analysis
- Biochemistry: Structure and Function
- Biochemistry: Enzymology and Metabolism
- Biochemistry: Nucleic Acids and Biological Information Flow
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 1729 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To enroll as a freshman (first year), you must have completed secondary school or high school. Your education must be equivalent to United States secondary school or high school education.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
National29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10386 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.