The curriculum emphasizes basic science, medical laboratory science, critical thinking and communication skills, including structured learning in the laboratories of clinical affiliated laboratories.
The program provides the scientific background in hematology, immunohematology, urinalysis, phlebotomy, microbiology, immunology, molecular biology, clinical chemistry, and management necessary for a laboratory career.
This Medical Laboratory Science - Upward Mobility Program at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy chemistry and biology
- Like solving complex problems
- Are detail-oriented
- Are interested in caring for people's health
- Appreciate working with others, as part of a team
- Clinical medical laboratory scientist
- Clinical specialists (clinical chemistry, hematology, microbiology, immunohematology)
- Clinical researcher
The program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Anatomy and Lab
- Physiology and Lab
- Understanding Medical Laboratory Science
- Hematology I and Lab
- Clinical Chemistry
- MLT to MLS Transitional Experience
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Human Medicine Biochemistry View 15 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
All pre-MLS Upward Mobility students must submit an online application and all required documents for the professional program. (Applications by fax or email will not be accepted.) Selection is competitive. In order to be considered for admission a student must submit and complete the following:
- Documentation of a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Completion of an associate degree and certification as a CLT/MLT or equivalent.
- Provision of a signed letter of support from employer, clinical facility fact sheet, and faculty fact sheet for clinical preceptor/liaison.
- Confirmation of ability to meet the non-academic Essential Functions of the program
- Completion of an interview with the Medical Laboratory Science Admissions Committee.
- Completion of a writing assessment exercise.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 355 USD per credit during 48 months.
National10650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 355 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State10650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 355 USD per credit during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.