If you enjoy writing, organizing information, engaging with media culture, and connecting with others, and aspire to a meaningful livelihood communicating ideas, proposals, and useful information to readers, listeners, viewers, and audiences worldwide from your company, computer, or community, Mass Communication program at Texas A&M Texarkana is the career path for you.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to inform, explain, influence, persuade, mediate, and negotiate
- Critical thinking and precise reasoning in legal and ethical mass media issues
- Effective oral, written, visual, and digital communication skills
- Media literacy skills that will assist you in the analysis of the impact of mass communication on individuals and society
- A historical understanding of the evolution of media industries and technology that will assist you in mapping cultural change and allow you to take an active and responsible role in shaping our contemporary media culture
- The theoretical and practical principles of public relations and advertising
- The theory and practice of publication design and layout (including the Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress)
- The theoretical and practical principles of multimedia production (including the Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Premiere)
Graduates of our program have produced marketing materials for the university, programmed a weekly film series with guest speakers, contributed to an A&M-Texarkana graphic design showcase, and planned a trip to the Turner Classic Movies Film Festival in Los Angeles. And our Mass Communication Club has competed at the Texas Intercollegiate Press Association convention and been awarded Student Organization of the Year.
Mass Communication Careers
- Fundraising Manager
- Press Secretary
- Graphic Designer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The curriculum combines theory and practice to provide students with the breadth and depth of a Liberal Arts education and the hands-on production experience that will prepare them for the professional world.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Digital Communication View 575 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letter of Intent/Interest
- Three (3) Recommendation Letters
- Official Transcripts
- GMAT Scores
International20024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10012 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National20024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10012 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State7540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3770 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.