The Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Illinois at Chicago major studies the processes that occur at Earth's surface and in its interior, the evolution of these processes over time, and the solids, liquids, and gases that make up Earth materials. Earth is viewed as a dynamic body, with continual exchange of materials and energy among the planet’s interior and exterior, atmosphere, oceans, and life. Understanding these Earth system processes is essential for evaluating the global environment, its natural variability, and changes that result from human activities.
Others work at predicting and preventing problems associated with natural hazards such as earthquakes, landslides, floods, and volcanic eruptions. Employment possibilities also exist in the exploration, use, and management of resources such as water, metals, petroleum, and coal.
- Biology of Cells and Organisms
- Biology of Populations and Communities
- General Physics
- General Chemistry
- Global Environmental Change
- Earth, Energy, and the Environment
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 1524 other Bachelors in Environmental Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit the Common Application Online along with the UIC section. Printed applications will not be accepted.
- Submit the $60 nonrefundable application fee or, if qualified, select an application waiver.
- Current high school students must submit an official high school transcript using the Recommender process within the Common Application School Form.
- Complete the American College Test (ACT) or the College Board Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT-R). ACT and SAT test scores may be submitted electronically via the testing service or printed on official transcripts.
International31784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31784 USD per year during 48 months.
National29888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29888 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State15538 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15538 USD per year during 48 months.
Estimated Tuition & Fees
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.