The University of Illinois at Chicago provides a Bachelor with a Major in Chemistry with many of the courses required for admission to medical schools and dental schools. The degree also provides a useful background for those who wish to pursue careers in business (management, marketing, sales).
Chemistry is a central science that provides much of the fundamental understanding needed to deal with society’s needs. Students with a degree in chemistry find they are prepared for jobs in the chemical, health, and pharmaceutical industries and in many other settings, including teaching, environmental settings, energy research, biomedical labs, forensics, and occupational and public health.
Faculty advising is provided for all students majoring in the department. To be identified for effective advising, students should declare the chemistry major by the end of the freshman year. Transfer students should declare the major at the time of registration or during their first term in residence. Students considering changing to a major in chemistry at a later point in their careers should first obtain advice from the department.
- Chemistry and Life
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- General Chemistry Laboratory
- Analytical Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry View 2183 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit the Common Application Online along with the UIC section. Printed applications will not be accepted.
- Submit the $60 nonrefundable application fee or, if qualified, select an application waiver.
- Current high school students must submit an official high school transcript using the Recommender process within the Common Application School Form.
- Complete the American College Test (ACT) or the College Board Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT-R). ACT and SAT test scores may be submitted electronically via the testing service or printed on official transcripts.
International31784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31784 USD per year during 48 months.
National29888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29888 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State15538 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15538 USD per year during 48 months.
Estimated Tuition & Fees
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.